Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Caught another couple getting engaged! Kate & Christopher at Old City Cheese Shop - Philadelphia




I was just finishing up my day at the studio, and as I was locking the front door I ran into Alex, the owner of Old City Cheese Shop (by the way, new website for them coming soon!). I was asking if it was a busy night, and he mentioned that it wasn't too bad... oh, and there is a couple getting engaged in the back courtyard...

"What?" - so I grabbed my camera and asked him to see if the guy had actually proposed yet. Well ring was already in place, but they were still very much "in the moment," so I asked if they wouldn't mind me grabbing a few photos....





Thankfully they were thrilled, as it turns out he did remember to bring a camera, but the batteries were dead! I was so happy to have caught this for them!

Christopher really did pick the perfect spot to propose, not only does Old City Cheese Shop have great food and a fun atmosphere, but the back courtyard is pure romance! Its hard to believe that something that looks like a hidden corner of Venice exists in the middle of Philly.

Kate and Christopher, thanks again for letting me document this - you two are so cute! I will be sending along your images shortly!

Thanks!
Laura

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for documenting this for us! Christopher is my cousin and we live in Fargo so it is wonderful to be able to share this moment from so far away. Congratulations Kate and Christopher!

Feb 26, 2009, 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger Telgenhoff Photographers said...

Great shots and congrats on Rangefinder!

Feb 26, 2009, 8:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy-my-goodness! Not only are you the talented-est photographers I know, but here you go again capturing pure photojournalism at its ultimate-est! Truly amazing. You really do "capture the reaction, rather than the action!" Love it.

Feb 26, 2009, 10:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Laura! Your contribution to the evening was totally beyond my ability to plan.

Also, huge thanks to Charles, Kate (not my Kate), and Alex at Old City Cheese Shop for creating such a lovely atmosphere.

Feb 27, 2009, 9:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, what great images and equally lovely account of the events. You can tell they are soooo in love.

Mar 18, 2009, 12:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home