Tuesday, March 27, 2007

WPPI day 1

WPPI kicked off today with about 5000+ attendees and I tried to see as much as possible in the 5 hours I had. Canon actually had demo units of their newest DSLR the EOS-1D Mark III. I was lucky enough to get some alone time with it and a Canon rep who was more than willing to answer all my questions and cement a sale in May when it becomes available.

Canon had a really amazing booth setup. I got to watch a live portrait session with Clay Blackmore and hear presentations from Denis Reggie, and Joe Buissink.

I think I would have to say the best booth would have to go to Pictage hands down. They had a smaller setup that allowed their speakers to sit on couches and speak to everyone in a smaller more personal manner. It was extremely hard to hear them if you were not in the chairs closest to the speakers but when they had someone like Joe Buissink everyone crowded around and he spoke up for all to hear. He was definitely the best one I got to hear.

After the show a bunch of us met up and headed to the Blu party hosted in the Kingpin room at the Palms hotel. Definitely one of the coolest places to have a party in Vegas. Bowling, pool table, a photo booth, and a bar packed with fellow photographers is bound to be entertaining. They even had the same tattoo artist from the night before. Thanks Blu for inviting us!

Sorry I didn't get any pictures.. we took the night off too literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home