Thursday, November 30, 2006

Playing with the camera

Laura gave me one of her Canon 20D bodies a few weeks ago and I've been having a lot of fun learning all its features and abilities. One thing I had never done with a digital camera was try long exposures at night so after digesting the manual everything I could on the 20d I was dying to go play with it. I packed up the tripod and went looking for this scary tree I pass on the way to a friends house.

So here's what I got.. please, tell me what you think. I shot the tree at 5s f2.8 and probably should have put the ISO higher than 400 but I wanted less grainyness, might try to noise ninja it.















This one of Laura isn't great cause she cant stand still long enough but I shot it at 6s f2.8 again I was so busy playing with the other features and trying to focus on the tree in zero light I left the ISO on 400. Has a cool chidren of the corn look (well maybe soybean) but you get the idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison B. said...

I think it's pretty stinkin' cute that Paul is writing these blog entries now. Good training, Laura!

Dec 1, 2006, 2:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home