Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas came early

So this happened back on November 22nd so ignore the dates, I'm so far behind and still pretty new to this blogging that I've no idea how to go back and set the proper date.

On to the blogging....

Since I've started working with Laura she has been really great to me. Anytime I mention I could use a piece of equipment or her help she has done what she can. So when I said I would like a 70-200 lens she not only agreed.. she got me the best one out there.

My oldest friend Gennaro has been what our circle of friends like to call, our own personal paparazzi. He seriously brings a camera with him everywhere. If I've done something, he has it documented. So he had a 70-200 and raved about it, so after playing with his I was almost convinced it was worth getting. But.. I was still on the fence after seeing the hefty price tag.

Then Laura and I went to Photoplus expo and we got the chance to meet Me Ra Koh and her husband Brian. Now I'm sure some of you in the photog circles know of Me Ra, but the person who I actually learned a thing or two from was Brian. We all had a nice dinner in NYC courtesy of Pictage and Brian and I got to talking. We soon realized we have a lot in common besides being the fortunate spouses of amazingly talented photographers. He shoots 2nd for his wife and I just started doing so for Laura. Guess what lens he uses? I think Canon owes Brian a commission.

So here's Laura's stab at making me look like a little kid on Christmas :)


2 Comments:

Blogger Alison B. said...

Oh Amen to this. You will never want to put this lens down!

Dec 6, 2006, 8:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done...it's the best lens you'll ever own. Now prepare for sore arms from holding this thing up all day!

Dec 7, 2006, 7:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home